Monday, October 15, 2007

A Juncture

I have changed employment in the past month which has left me really distraught. Unfortunately, this was a necessary move. I'm now selling Fine Paper as opposed to printing. Oh, and it's not the same thing as working for Dunder Mifflin. Professionally, it will be a lot similar to selling printing.

I will be calling primarily on Printers to sell them parent sheets, rolls, digital paper or if they want copy paper, that too. I won't be picky. I'm hungry and if I can sell it, I will.

The internal battle I'm facing has to do with leaving a position that I wasn't entirely happy with to a position that has a questionable future. My new position does have a great upside in the fact that I will be working from home, I can make my own hours, I now have company 401k matching, better health insurance and I'm attaining an established territory.

The downside at the moment is I feel depressed and lost. I am also scared that this position could dissolve at any moment and the possibility is out of my hands. All I can do is hope for the best and try to learn as much as I can in the time that I have. Never the less, I worry. I'm really good at worrying. I know the current depression is mostly due to changing environments and having to get acclimated all over again to a new company. I miss my old co-workers. I miss the day to day banter we had.

Regardless, all that I missed unfortunately was not paying the bills. I had to make the move or I'm not sure what the outcome would have been. Where's the light at the end of the tunnel?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Courtney, read this book:

3 Seconds: The Power of Thinking Twice By Dr Les Parrott

You can preview most if not all of it at google:

http://books.google.com/

search for 3 Seconds

I picked up a copy at B&N and my wife and I are going through it (she is my sounding board). Anyhow, thought of it when I read your post. Good luck in your new endeavors.

-Robert Jacobs (Hatchbacks)

SuiteConn21 said...

Thanks Robert, I definitely will pick up this book as my wife is my sounding board as well along with this blog as my outlet.

How are things going with you? You can email me directly at uptonc01@unisourcelink.com.

Hope to talk to you soon.

Courtney

an ever-evolving realm of consciousness

T...Y...P...E

T...Y...P...E
the old way