Saturday, July 7, 2007

Cell Phone Madness

What did we do before cell phones? I mean, it wasn't that long ago that if I was in the car and I had to call someone, I had to pull over and find a pay phone. A pay phone! What the hecks that? Have you ever seen anyone use one lately? I did and it was a little odd. I was thinking, that guy's using a payphone, who does that anymore? Who doesn't have a cell phone these days? How much does a call cost from a payphone now? Is it still a quarter? Too many questions. . .

On the flip side, I think its weird seeing really young kids with cell phones as well. I don't know why, it just seems too grown-up, like they should earn it somehow. I say that now but that thought goes right out of the head when I think about my two sons growing up, going to school and having the luxury of being able to reach them when I need to.

I also think about how different my job would be without a cell phone. Obviously, sales positions survived before them but I'm not sure if I would be as efficient. With my disposition, I like to contact my customers as soon as possible after receiving a voice mail. If I didn't have a cell phone, I couldn't have received the voice mail in the first place if I was away from my desk and who knows when I would have been able to return the call.

Cell phones may not have the best reputation but they sure have helped me and I'm sure they'll help me even more in the future.

No comments:

an ever-evolving realm of consciousness

T...Y...P...E

T...Y...P...E
the old way