Monday, July 16, 2007

Take a minute . . .

More and more I find that I don't take a minute and just notice things once in a while. I often get to wrapped up in life and what I'm doing to ever stop and smell the roses. Yesterday, as I was taking the trash up my hill to the curb, I found myself looking into the sky and noticing the blueness of it and the scattered clouds that reminded me of childhood and how I used to lay on the ground and seek out animal shapes from them.

I remember one time watching a lifetime movie about a person that became blind later in life due to some illness that couldn't be prevented. The actor in the movie mentioned that she missed being able to see the colors of the leaves, sky and the grass. After watching that movie, I tried to take a little time every now and then and just appreciate the ability to see and hear everything around me. I take it for granted most of the time however yesterday I just took a minute while taking out the trash to just listen and see the world around me. It was nice and I'm gonna try to do it more often because if I don't, I may just miss it.

No comments:

an ever-evolving realm of consciousness

T...Y...P...E

T...Y...P...E
the old way