Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Just do it!

My very first boss in the printing industry used to say "Just do it" and that has stuck with me all this time. When I first started in printing, I worked as an estimator figuring out the costs and the way a print job would run. I remember complaining one day about a request I received to provide a multitude of options for a print estimate. My boss turned to me and said, "Just do it! It's going to have to get done anyway, you might as well stop complaining about it and get it done!" This was said in a semi-jest way but I knew he was right.

From that day forward we both lived by that Mantra and whenever someone complained about something they had to do, we gave them that advice. It is good advice. Too many times I think we as a whole complain just to complain so other people will feel pity for us. In the end, if it is something that has to get done, you just do it and get it over with. Complaining about it won't get it done faster or make it easier to get done. One of my best friends just called me complaining about all the work he had to get done by the weekend and you know what I said?

You know it. . .

No comments:

an ever-evolving realm of consciousness

T...Y...P...E

T...Y...P...E
the old way